2012-03-13

Pravana Chromasilk Vivids Haircolor Review

Finally I actually have a chance to make this post! After promising i was going to post it the other day tons of things always have to pop up and it really gets on my nerves.

 Rundown:
 Pravana Chromasilk Vivids are semi permanent hair color. You apply it directly on dry hair and it requires no developer to be mixed with it. You can apply it directly from the tube. The can be intermixed with one another to make many more shades. The colors range from blues to silver.


 My experience:
My first time using Vivids, i used "pink" but because my hair was not light enough it only took to my roots. the shade was more of a purple/pink than actually a pink color. So i was kinda frustrated. But then again it was my own fault for not reading the directions properly. Vivid colors Pink, Silver and Blue all have to be used on a level 9-10 blond (palest blond you can get) my hair was more orange and my roots were a light yellow color . So after that experience I bought the "Magenta" color and fell in love. It came out true to its color swatch. It faded out rather nice too!  I colored my extensions with them and they turned out rather nice. At first I wasn't sure about Silver because the product looked blue. But after washing them and letting them dry it looked very pretty.
magenta on my natural hair

magenta faded out of my hair into a salmon pink color

Pros:
Intermixable with other shades
Vibrant
No need for developer
Fades Nicely
Long Lasting

Cons:
*Vivids stains the hair and CANNOT be removed with a color remover or lightened out of hair. They are permanent. The only way to get them out is to either cut it out or go darker. If you are worried about this then I only suggest using it on hair extensions and not your natural hair.
*Sold by a professional only. You can't pick this up at sally's or any other supply store for the public. If you find it on the internet it may be old or knock off.

Vivids On my extensions:
magenta

pink

Silver

extensions before
 IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BUYING THIS PRODUCT AND CAN'T GET YOUR HANDS ON IT PLEASE FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME TO DISCUSS PRICES AND SHIPPING!

I have recently found a site where you can buy Vivids


Edit:  2/22/2013

I have gotten many emails asking if Vivids can be mixed with permanent color and the answer to that question is YES.  It can be mixed with Permanent and Semi Permanent colors.
To mix follow the directions of what ever permanent color you are using, (for example: Chroma Silk Permanent Creme Hair Color comes in 90 ml tubes and are mixed at a 1 to 1 ½ ratio of creme color to developer (3 oz of color to 4 ½ oz of developer)) then add the vivids once it is mixed. You can add as much or as little as needed.